Things to Make and Do in the Fourth Dimension
by Matt Parker (Author)
- Book Depository(paid link)
- Amazon(paid link)
- Kindle(paid link)
- Cut pizzas in new and fairer ways!
- Fit a 2p coin through an impossibly small hole!
- Make a perfect regular pentagon by knotting a piece of paper!
- Tie your shoes faster than ever before, saving literally seconds of your life!
- Use those extra seconds to contemplate the diminishing returns of an exclamation-point at the end of every bullet-point!
- Make a working computer out of dominoes!
Both playful and sophisticated, 'Things to Make and Do in the Fourth Dimension' is filled with captivating games and puzzles, a buffet of optional hands-on activities that entice us to take pleasure in mathematics at all levels. Parker invites us to relearn math in a new way and, this time, to be utterly enthralled by it.
So join stand-up mathematician Matt Parker on a journey through narcissistic numbers, optimal dating algorithms, at least two different kinds of infinity and more...
Math Series—Summary and Book OrderSeries: Math
Reading level: 12+
Books in series: 2
Read in order? No
Tags: comedy & humour illustrated non fiction science & tech (STEM)
Print series book list
Books in series order1. Things to Make and Do in the Fourth Dimension (2014)
2. Humble Pi (2019)